Monday, July 26, 2010

My First, Personal Version of Microfiction Monday!



Stinky pillow, said I,
and put the cover in to wash.
Lovely scent, said he,
and dug a spot to lie.
O' dog of guilty bliss,
'tis life.


I found "Microfiction Monday" on Twitter today, and thought I'd give it a try. You write a micro-story in 140 characters or less. What a great, fun challenge! I realized after using this photo for my inspiration that the original writer meant for participants to use their photograph. So then I added the following one to go with the picture I found on this website (which wouldn't paste here):

It took years before she realized that the children in her dreams were her children yet unborn. From Milkyway to Earth, they came 1 by 1.

For more information and links to other writer's microfictions, go to
http://wp.me/pDORj-VD
Or maybe this one:
http://petzoldspracticalprose.blogspot.com/  Monkey Man

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Well you did a terrific job, nice to have you with us.
Have a good week.

SparkleFarkel said...

Welcome to the game! Your original picture and so inspired sentiments are delightful, and your second "take" has me craving a particular candy bar!

P.S. Directions to my place. See you there?

YIKES! My word verification is "mukiesm"! Sounds a smitch [cough-cough!] gross!

Anonymous said...

I think you did a fantastic job at both attempts! Hope to read more of your words every week.

Pat said...

Oh, I loved your microfiction story! So sweet.

Ellie Garratt said...

Your personal MM made laugh. Oh dear, they looked like they had fun!

"From Milkyway to Earth, they came 1 by 1." Wow. what beautiful and evocative prose.

Susan at Stony River said...

Well I'm glad you didn't completely follow the rules, because I LOVE the Dog vs. Stinky Pillow story! You made me laugh, and I'm missing my faraway dog these days so thank you for that.

I also love your take on the MM picture -- I'm glad for the ones that made it!

Deborah Klein said...

Thanks so much to everyone for your wonderful comments! I've been busy and hadn't checked back to see what's been happening here. I'm going visit all of you and see what you have been doing on your sites.

Meanwhile, I can't wait to do more Microfiction Mondays! Alas, 'tis Tuesday...I could pretend its Monday...