Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm Still Here

Just a little note to let you know that I am still alive. Not that there is any reason I wouldn't be...that I am aware of, anyway. But I have been very busy with moving one of my daughters, keeping one to four of my grandkids, depending on the day, and getting the shutters designed and made on the front of my little house, plus buying fabric and unwrapping things from my dad's house. And visiting with my sister, Nancy, and her hubbie, Pete. This is the fate of a woman who came from a large family and then wanted her own large family. They grow up but they don't go away, and to further complicate things, they multiply. Thank God. I love it.

Updates: The weather is getting cooler, so my "old roses" which bloom once are actually getting ready for a fall bloom, and I can't wait to see them. Most of them are newly planted, but my noisette, Champney's Pink Cluster, has bloomed all summer. Alas, I can't get close enough to her to enjoy the sweet odor because she crept up through the middle of a very tall Lady Banks. She's happy, though.

The roadside rustled rose is doing alright. I am still watching and waiting. There still appear to be two different types of leaves on her. She's just a little shy while in recovery. Next year I hope to see her show off a bit.

Gotta go throw dinner together. Bill's probably coming down the street as we speak.

See you soon.

deber

No comments: